The Community Foundation of Teton Valley hosts an annual workshop series to foster organizational excellence among our local nonprofit organizations. Organizational excellence workshops are offered at a low cost to participants and are open to staff and board members of Teton Valley nonprofit organizations. In addition, nonprofit board and staff members are also welcome to attend Community Foundation of Jackson Hole workshops.
Green Event Planning: Simple Steps to Hosting a “Greener Event”
Presented by Iris Saxer, Executive Director, Teton Valley Community Recycling
Wednesday, October 17 • 9am – 10:30am
Are you interested in incorporating sustainability into your next event? Discover the steps to minimize waste, conserve energy, rescue food, and, ultimately, inform local culture to reduce environmental impacts. Presenter Iris Saxer, Executive Director of Teton Valley Community Recycling, will guide you through the event greening process and provide you resources for hosting eco-friendly events around the valley. Participants will discuss meaningful sustainability measures, both small and large, and strategize specific plans for their upcoming events. Guest speakers, Lauren Bennett of the Teton Valley Foundation and Claire Vitucci of the Community Foundation of Teton Valley, will share their success stories from this summer’s events. Open to non-profit and private sector event planners.
Free • light refreshments provided • space is limited to 20 participants • send your RSVP to [email protected] by Monday, October 15th at 5pm.
- Board Development
- Donor Retention
- Creating a Fund Development Plan
- Nonprofit Marketing Workshop
- Confessions of an Executive Director…What It Really Means to lead a Nonprofit (3 part series)
- Grant Writing from the Funder’s Perspective
- Best Board Practices
- Executive Leadership Series
- Bridges Out of Poverty
- Exceptional Board Practices
- Individual Leadership Development
- Public Speaking & Storytelling
- How to Get the Most Out of the Tin Cup Challenge
- Conflict Management
- Nonprofit Life Cycles & Change Management
- Finance 101
- Demystifying Change: Mapping the Journey from Vision to Sustainability